Haryana State Board HBSE 10th Class English Solutions Advertisement Writing Exercise Questions and Answers.
Haryana Board 10th Class English Advertisement Writing
What is an Advertisement ?
An advertisement is a powerful medium which is used to reach out to others and to influence their minds and tastes. It is a kind of notice with a much wider appeal and effect. It is an announcement made through mass media which reaches a great number of people. Advertisers can use newspapers, magazines, posters, radio, television and cinemas to convey their messages or to sell their goods and services.
Some Useful Hints :
A good advertisement is very helpful in attracting masses. Drafting an advertisement is also an art. The students should keep the following hints in mind while drafting an advertisement.
- The main aim of a business advertisement is to promote sales. So an advertisement should be attractive. It should catch the readers’ attention at first glance and then tempt them to go through it. So the language must be attractive.
- In order to attract readers, always use catchy, simple and effective language.
- The advertisement must be brief and to the point. Don’t say anything which is unnecessary or irrelevant to the main point.
- Never mislead your readers. You must be honest and don’t make claims which are exaggerated.
- The style of.the advertisement must be according to the subject matter. In other words, there should be a proper mixture of style and subject matter.
- Long sentences and difficult or heavy words should be avoided. An advertisement is for spreading your message, not showing off your knowledge of language.
- While designing an advertisement,, use different sizes of letters to create an attractive effect. The . important points should be mentioned in bold or bigger letters.
- Although the advertisement should be brief, yet it must not be incomplete. It should be self- contained. It must convey the name of the advertiser and other relevant information.
Some Solved Advertisements:
1. You are in a Counselling Services to guide students what career to adopt. Draft an advertisement selling your services.
ARE YOU APPEARING IN MATRIC?
OR GRADUATION FINAL YEAR?
Just visit us to get the best guidance about your career. We have complete information about every field. An aptitude test is held before counselling. Visit and get sure of your career.
(M.A. Psychology), Ph.D
Meera Tower, Room No. 112, 2nd Floor
G. T. Road, Panipat
2. You are Principal of a Public School. You require trained teachers for your school. Draft a suitable advertisement for the same.
3. You need two salesmen in your shop. Write an advertisement for a local daily.
Wanted two (10+2 Pass) salesmen for our shop. Age between 20-30 years. Salary Rs. 10000/-per month. Working hours since 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. lunch and tea facility available. Only local candidates may apply (to the undersigned) within 10 days.
Raj Provision Store, 15A Court Road, Jind
4. You are the manufacturer of a bike brand named ‘Picasso’ bike. Draft a display advertisement to be published in a newspaper to promote the sale of your bike.
5. M/s Ambani Brothers have launched a new refrigerator named ‘Phirlwool’. Draft an advertisement to be published in a newspaper to promote the sale of the refrigerator.
6. You are the manufacturer of quality greeting cards. Draft a display advertisement announcing the new range of your seasonal cards.
BOOK SHOP-KEEPERS * RETAILERS
*GIFT SHOP-KEEPERS * STATIONERS
Widest Range of World Class
Check out the exclusive collection of ARCHIES, PAPER ROSE, FINE EXPRESSIONS, PAPER
MAGIC, HELPAGE & CRY CARDS on Diwali. Christmas, Id & New Year.
And also the latest releases of everyday cards.
There’s nothing as effective to bring out the true spirit.
For Wholesale Enquiries visit our W holesale Showroom.
ARCHIES GREETINGS & GIFTS LTD.
C-113, Naraina Industrial Area, Phase – 1. New Delhi – 28
7. Draft a display advertisement on behalf of San aponic LED with the offer of a free gift.
8. You are running a Marriage Bureau and arrange matches for both girls and boys. Draft a display advertisement for your Marriage Bureau.
9. You are running a finance company and provide loans for purchasing cars. Draft an advertisement highlighting your services.
10. Draft a display advertisement for the sale of a washing machine.
11. You are Ranjeet Kumar of 10, Ashoka Nagar, Bhopal. You are a diploma holder in Computer Engineering and are looking for job. Write out an advertisement for the ‘Job Wanted’ column of a newspaper.
Post : Ranjeet Kumar
Qualification : Diploma in Computer Engineering with 75 percent marks.
Date of Birth : April 15, 1985
Marital Status : Unmarried
Address : 10, Ashoka Nagar, Bhopal Mobile No. 0941909xxxx
Special : High aspirations to prove myself.
12. You are leaving for England next month. You want to sale your Flat. Write an advertisement to be published in a local newspaper.
FLAT FOR SALE
A well furnished Flat. Total area 250 square yards. Built in 2010. The owner is leaving for England. All documents complete. Flat No. 2015, Sector 12A, Chandigarh.
Mobile No. 090290xxxxx
13. Your younger brother is weak in Science and Maths. You want to engage a tutor who can teach him at your house. Draft an advertisement for ‘Situation Vacant’ column of a newspaper.
A tutor is required to teach Science and Maths to a IX Class boy at our house before 7 a.m. or after 4 p.m. Interested tutors may please contact Rajesh Kumar, FI.No. 707, Sector-7, Ambala City. Mobile No. 9030xxxxxx
14. You lost your bag containing some important documents. Write an advertisement to be published in a local daily newspaper.
LOST! LOST! LOST1
I have lost my bag somewhere between Ambala Cantt and Shahpur village. The bag contained some important documents and medical reports of my father. The founder is requested to return it at the below mentioned address. A cash reward of Rupees one thousand shall be given to the person who will come to return the bag.
H. No. 5071, Housing Board Colony
Phone No. 0171-289xxxx, 0912919xxxx
15. You found a purse in the market. Write an advertisement to be published in a local daily for the owner to claim it from you within ten days.
FOUND! FOUND! FOUND!
Yesterday I found a ladies purse in the market near the Hanuman Temple. Anyone who has lost it may contact to the undersigned within ten days as I am leaving for Mumbai for three months on 15th of this month.
10-A Model Town, Kamal
Phone No. 0184-266xxxx, 0676092xxxx
16. Design a poster making people aware regarding ‘Road Safety Rules’
17. Design a poster making people aware about Traffic Lights.
Practice Questions For Advertisements:
1. You need a civil engineer for your construction firm. You wish that the applicant must have ten years experience. Write out an advertisement for a newspaper accordingly.
2. You run a computer centre and offer your services for job-work like computer type-setting, software preparation, accounting work etc. Write out an advertisement offering these services to the needy persons.
3. You are the proprietor of a hotel. You need a lady receptionist. Draft an advertisement to this effect. Mention that the lady should be fluent in English.
4. You are retired from the Indian army. Now you want to get the job of a security guard for a business concern or a body guard for some eminent person. Write an advertisement accordingly offering your services.
5. You need salesman for door-to-door selling of the washing powder manufactured by you. Write out an advertisement for the ‘Situation Vacant’ column of a newspaper.
6. You are the manufacturer of bicycles. Write out an advertisement for a newspaper, offering a free gift for the purchase of every bicycle.
7. You have a big house in a posh colony of New Delhi. Write out an advertisement for letting out some portion of your big house. Also mention the rent expected by you.
8. You have recently been transferred to Mumbai. You want accommodation in Mumbai. Write out an advertisement for the ‘Accommodation Wanted’ column in a newspaper.
9. You are Pinki Chanday, living at 112 Saif Ali Road, Govinda Nagar. You have five years experience as export assistant in various export houses. You want to join a prestigious export house. Write out an advertisement for ‘Situation Wanted’ column of a newspaper.
10. You need accomodation. Write an advertisement to be published in a local daily.
11. You run an authorised Pollution Check Centre and issue ‘ Pollution Under Control ’ certificates to vehicle owners. Draft an advertisement, telling the public the harmful effect of gases if the vehicles are not regularly checked.
12. You want to set up a factory for making shoes. You need at least five lakh rupees as a loan for this purpose. Write an advertisement inviting loan from a financing company.
13. You have a big plot of land on which you wish to set up a factory for manufacturing crockery. You want a business partner who can invest money in this project. Write out an advertisement for the ‘Business’ section of a newspaper inviting a partner.
14. Draft an advertisement for ‘Fresh Feel Mouthwash’.
15. You have organized a handloom exhibition in your colony. Draft an advertisement for the same.