Haryana State Board HBSE 10th Class English Solutions Advertisement Writing Exercise Questions and Answers.
Haryana Board 10th Class English Advertisement Writing
Writing is a skill for communication for conveying ideas and feelings from one person to another. This can be done by writing reports, notices, messages, paragraphs and letters. A report is a short writing skill describing some event or incident.
Points to be kept in mind.
(1) A report is a first hand information about an incident, occurrence or event.
(2) It must be brief, to the point and systematic.
(3) It must be written in past tense.
(4) It must be given a suitable heading or title, the name of person writing it, date and the place from where it was written.
(5) The report should be simple. Exaggerations and superfluous matter should be avoided.
1. A seminar on ‘Bed Bachao-Beti Padhao’ was held in your school. Write a report in about 40 words giving details of the seminar.
GOVT. SR. SEC. SCHOOL, HAPPY BAGH, NEW DELHI
‘BETI BACHAO – BETI PADHAO’
September 7, 20…
A seminar on ‘Beti Bachao-Beti Padhao’ was held in our school. The Education Minister of Delhi was the chief guest. Principals and teachers of different schools and the parents took part in the seminar. The speakers stressed the need of the hour to save the girl child and to teach the girl child. Everybody present pledged for the same.
2. You are Deepak. A ‘Clean Vidyalaya – Clean India’ campaign was organised in your school. Write a report in about 40 words highlighting the features of the campaign. ‘
XYZ, SR. SEC. SCHOOL, ABC
‘CLEAN VIDYALAYA-CLEAN INDIA’ CAMPAIGN
October 03, 20
On the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti a ‘Clean Vidyalaya-Clean India’ campaign was organised in our school. All the teachers and the students took part in this campaign with full zest. The school building, campus and surroundings were cleaned. After a campaign of just four hours, the school was looking beautiful and everything in the school seemed attractive. The school Principal gave certificates and momentous to the volunteers.
3. You are a press reporter. You went to a hospital and found the nurses on strike. Mentioning the title, the date and the cause of their strike, write a brief report in about 40 words for your newspaper.
NURSES ON STRIKE
Anju Bhatnagar (Press Reporter)
May 15, 20…
The nurses of Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, New Delhi went on indefinite strike today demanding hike in their salaries. The condition of the patients got worse. There was a very tragic scene of the patients because none was there to care for them. The strike may prolong for a couple of days more.
4. You are Rajesh, a member of the N.S.S, unit of your school. Your school N.S.S. unit has organised a blood donation camp. Write a report to be printed in your school magazine.
SANJAY GANDHI MEMORIAL PUBLIC SCHOOL, HISAR
BLOOD DONATION CAMP
March 7, 20…
The NSS Unit of Sanjay Gandhi Memorial Public School, Hisar organised a blood donation camp in the school Auditorium on 5 th of March, The Chief Medical Officer inaugurated the camp. A team of doctors from the civil hospital was present in the school. Ninety students donated the blood on this occasion. The Principal honoured the blood donors with a memento and a certificate.
5. During the Kargil conflict the Arts Club of your colony had organised various cultural activities to collect funds for the victims’ families. As the secretary of the club, write a report to be published in some popular newspaper.
A CHARITY SHOW BY ARTS CLUB
Anurag (Secretary Arts Club)
January 5, 20…
The Arts Club of Bank Colony Ambala Cantt. organised a charity show to collect funds for the victims’ families of the Kargil conflict. The Deputy Commissioner of Ambala inaugurated the show. Fancy dress competition, mono-acting and solo-dance were the main attractions of the show.
6. You are Raman, studying in class X. You attended an N.C.C. camp recently. Mentioning the date, the number of participants and other important details, write a report in about 40 words for your school magazine.
N.C.C. CAMP ATTENDED
The N.C.C. troop of our school attended an N.C.C. camp at Shimla from 5th June to 14th June. 40 cadets of our school troop took part in this camp with our N.C.C. officer Mr R.C. Bansal. Our troop cadet Ranjit Singh was selected as the best cadet.
7. Write a brief report in about 40 words on Annual prize distribution function of your school to be published in your school magazine.
GOVT SR. SEC. SCHOOL, NILOKHERI
ANNUAL PRIZE DISTRIBUTION FUNCTION
The Annual Prize Distribution function of our school was held on 06 February 20 The Deputy Commissioner of Kamal was the Chief Guest and the District Education Officer of Kamal was the Guest of Honour. The meritorius students and the winners of different events during the session were awarded. The Principal read the annual report. The Deputy Commissioner praised the glorious performance of our school.
8. You are Lovely/Laxman, studying in class X. Your school participated in an Inter-School Music Competition held at Bhartiya Public School, Ashok Nagar, Delhi. Mentioning the date, the number of participating schools, the position held by your school, etc., write a report in about 40 words. You have to read it out in the Prayer Assembly of your school. [B.S.E.H. March, 2020 (Set-A)]
INTER-SCHOOL MUSIC COMPETITION
December 10, 20…
An Inter School Music Competition was held at Bhartiya Public School, Ashok Nagar, Delhi. 50 Sr. Sec. Public Schools took part in this competition. Our school music team of Arun and party participated in this competition and won the champion trophy and a cash prize of rupees one thousand.
9. You were an eye witness of the recent train accident between the Sealdah Express and the Golden Temple Express. Write a report in 40 words mentioning the loss of lives, the scene of rescue work by the neighbouring villagers.
TRAINS COLLIDED HEAD ON
January 5, 20…
A terrible train accident took place between Sealdah Express and the Golden Temple Express at 8.30 a.m. about 40 kilometres away from Lucknow. Both the trains collided head on. About 100 people died on the spot. Many more were seriously injured. The natives of the nearby villages helped the victims.
10. You are a press reporter. You visited the site of a car-accident in New Delhi. Mentioning the title, the date, the area of explosion, the damage caused, etc., write brief report in about 40 words for our newspaper.
Munjal (Press Reporter)
January 5, 20…
Yesterday a Maruti 800 car bumped into a loaded truck on the Ring Road. Three of the five passengers in the car died on the spot. The driver and two other passengers were seriously injured and rushed to the Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital. The deceased belonged to Rampur village of outer Delhi.
11. An old couple was murdered in Vasant Enclave in broad daylight. You visited the site as a reporter. Giving the title, the date and time of the incident, and the panic it caused among the residents, write a report in about 40 words for a newspaper.
AN OLD COUPLE MURDERED
August 6, 20…
Yesterday an old couple Raja Singh of 72 and his wife Malti Devi of 69 was murdered by robbers at 2 p.m. in broad daylight. The robbers looted all the money and other household things. The whole town was gripped by horror. The police has identified the gang of robbers.
12. The Principal of Happy Spring School, Pune invited a well-known social worker to address the student on Moral Education in Prayer Assembly in the school. You attended his lecture. Write a report in about 40 words for your school magazine. You are Pulkit the Student Representative of the school magazine.
HAPPY SPRING SCHOOL, PUNE LECTURE ON MORAL EDUCATION DELIVERED
Pulkit (Student Representative)
March 10, 20…
The Principal of Happy Spring School invited a well-known social worker Mr Shamdev Ji to deliver a lecture on moral education in the prayer assembly.
Swami Ji inspired the students with his force discurtion to cultivate moral values in their personality. The students were highly motivated by the words of Swami Ji. Everybody was grateful to the Principal Sahib to organise this lecture and requested to organise many more in future.
13. Your school organised a trekking tour to Manali in the winter break. Mentioning the title, the number of participating students, their experiences, write a report in about 40 words for your school magazine. You are Arun Byotra.
TRIP TO MANALI
March 5, 20…
Twenty five students of X class S.D. Sr. Sec. School, Bhiwani went on a trekking tour to Manali in winter break. The trip was organised by the Director of Mountaineering for the purpose of developing a spirit of adventure and thrill among the students. The students enjoyed this trekking tour a lot and learnt very much about mountains.
14. You are a press reporter. You have come to know of the kidnapping of a businessman’s son. Mentioning the title and the details of the incident, write a report in about 40 words for your newspaper.
BUSINESSMAN’S SON KIDNAPPED
Rohit Mathur (Press Reporter)
A ten year child of Mr R.K. Handa, a renowned businessman, was kidnapped yesterday from outside a local school in broad daylight. The kidnappers have demanded a ransom of rupees one crore from the child’s father. The incident has created a panic in the city.
15. You are Ajay/Asha of Deshbandhu Memorial School, Bhopal. Your school has recently organised a Science Fair. Mentioning the number of participants/exhibits, date, venue and the response of students, write a report in about 40 words for your school magazine.
DESHBANDHU MEMORIAL SCHOOL, BHOPAL
SCIENCE FAIR HELD
January 7, 20…
A Science Fair was held in our school from 4 January to 6 January. Forty teams of the various schools and colleges participated in this Science Fair with their projects and models. There was a great excitement among the students about this fair. It gave them a big information and fascination about Science subject.
16. You are Rohit/Rashmi of Maharaja School, Jaipur. Your school had organized an inter-school painting contest. Mentioning the number of participating students, date and venue, write a report in about 40 words for your school magazine.
INTER-SCHOOL PAINTING CONTEST
Yesterday an inter-school painting contest was organised in Maharaja School, Jaipur. Hundred students of different schools took part in the contest. The topic of painting contest was Environment Pollution and Awareness. The District Forest Officer was the chief-guest and gave away the prizes to the winners.
17. Your school has recently organised an exhibition of children’s books. Mentioning the date, venue, number of participating publishers and the response of students, write a report in about 40 words for your school magazine. You are Shreya/Sumit of Morning Glory Public School, Patiala.
EXHIBITION OF CHILDREN’S BOOKS ORGANISED
January 5, 20
An exhibition of children’s books was organised in Morning Glory Public School from 1st January to 4th January. Forty publishers of children’s books participated in this exhibition with a variety of their children’s books. There was a great excitement among the students about the books and they bought books of their choices.
18. You are Parul/Shivam. As the Secretary of the Cultural Club of your school, you have organized a cultural evening in your school as thanks-givipg. Write a report about the programme in about 40 words.
GOVT. HIGH SCHOOL, HARI NAGAR (AMBALA)
CULTURAL EVENING CELEBRATED
Shivam (Secretary, Cultural Club)
May 10, 20…
A cultural evening was celebrated in our school on 9th of May 20… as a gesture of thanks-giving to the donors of the flood relief compaign. The Deputy Commissioner of our district was the chief- guest. Many colourful and beautiful presentations were made by the participants. The chief-guest praised this programme very much and honoured the participants.
19. Your school has participated in the “Save Water Campaign” by organising debates, quizes and painting competitions. Write a report in about 40 words for your school magazine giving the details of the competition like number of schools which participated, the guests etc. You are the Secretary of your Students Council.
DELHI PUBLIC SCHOOL, PEETAM PURA (NEW DELHI)
“SAVE WATER CAMPAIGN”
Secretary (Students Council)
Our school organised “Save Water Campaign” on the 10th and 11th of April. Debate and quiz competitions were held on the 10th and painting competitions were held on the 11th. About 20 schools took part in these competitions. Mrs. Sheila Dixit, the Chief Minister of Delhi, was the Chief Guest. Our school got the over-all trophy and a cash prize of one lac rupees.
Practice Questions For Report Writing:
1. Recently your school organised an Inter-House Display Board Competition on various topics. Mentioning the topics, the name of the house winning the first prize, and other details of the competition, write a report in about 40 words for your school magazine. You are Pradeep/Purvi of Class X.
2. You are a press reporter. You have come to know that the police of your town has arrested two pick pockets. Draft a report in about 40 words.
3. Your school NSS unit has organised a blood donation camp. As a member of the NSS group, write a report in 40 words to be printed in your school magazine.
4. During the Kargil conflict the Arts Club of your colony had organised various cultural activities to collect funds for the victims’ families. As the secretary of the club, write a report to be published in some popular newspaper.
5. You are a press reporter. You went to a hospital and found the nurses on strike. Mentioning the title, the date and the cause of their strike, write a brief report in about 40 words for your newspaper.