Haryana State Board HBSE 9th Class English Solutions Message Writing Exercise Questions and Answers.
Haryana Board 9th Class English Message Writing
What is a Mtessage ?
A message is a short writing skill in which someone gives formation to the other person. Message writing is a fairly common activity. If you meet someone or calls on you to pass a message to someone else, the best thing for you is to write down the message. Remember that the message should be accurate, clear and brief. Messages are always Indirect Speech.
important Joints to Remember:
- You need not write the full address of the sender’s or the receiver’s.
- Give a brief salutation e.g. Rakesh Kumar, Seema or Dear Uncle.
- Remember to write the exact time and place where the receiver is to report.
- Write only the important points. Do not add anything of your own.
- Take care of the proper tense because a message may be in any tense i.e. present, past or future.
- Put your (i.e. the sender’s) name/signature at the end of the message.
- Put the message in a box.
Some Solved Messages:
1. Read the following telephonic conversation between Aakash and Suman. Suman is about to leave the home for school and will not be able to meet her brother Mridul. She leaves a message for him. Write the message in about 50 words.
Aakash : Hellow! can I speak to Mridul please?
Suman : He is not at home. I’m his sister. Would you like to leave a message for him?
Aakash : I’m his friend Aakash. Kindly tell him that tomorrow we are going to Pragati Maidan where International Trade Fair is held. In case he is interested tell him to call me in the evening.
Suman : Okay. I will tell him.
Aakash : Thank you
Aakash telephoned for you at 7:20a.m. to inform you that tomorrow they are going to Pragati Maidan. where International Trade Fair is held. They want you to go with them. If you are interested to go, call back to Aakash in the evening.
2. P.C. Saxena : Hello! Is Mr S.K. Sharma speaking?
Sonu : No, I am Sonu, Mr Sharma’s son.
P.C. Saxena : Where has Mr Sharma gone?
Sonu : He is out for an evening walk and will be back by 8 p.m. May I have any message for him.
P.C. Saxena : Yes please, inform your Daddy that an urgent meeting of the Resident Welfare Association is being called at my residence at 8.30 p.m. The attendance of Mr Gupta is urgent.
Sonu : Okay! I’ll convey the message. Anything else.
P.C. Saxena : No, thank you.
December 2, 20……
An uncle Mr P.C. Saxena telephoned for you at 6.30 p.m. to give information that an urgent meeting of the Resident Welfare Association is going to be held at his residence at 8.30 p.m. Your presence is urgent in the meeting.
3. Rajeev : Hello!
Renu : Is it 2690294.
Rajeev : Yes, please.
Renu : Can I speak to Poomima ?
Rajeev : She has gone out with her mummy. Can I take the message ?
Renu : Tell her Renu called. Her interview with Airtel Telecom has fixed for 10.00 a.m.
tomorrow. So she must reach the office by 9.30 a.m.
Rajeev : Okay! I will tell her.
Renu : Thank you.
April 10, 20…….
Renu telephoned here at 4.00 p.m. She leaves a message for you that your interview with Airtel Telecom has been fixed for 10.00 a.m. tomorrow. You must reach the office by 9.30 a.m.
4. Read the given telephone conversation between Bhushan and Sunita. Sunita is about to leave home and will not be able to meet Sushil Kumar. She leaves a message for him. Write that message in the space below, not more than 40 words.
Bhushan : hello’ Is that Sunita?
Sunita : Ya! Speaking.
Bhushan : It is Bhushan here. You know. Sunita, thai Pustak Mela’ is on in Pragati
Maidan. I am visiting it today.
Sunila : Ah! What a wonderful idea. Let’s go tomorrow.
Bhushan : No, I am busy tomorrow. Let’s make it today- Lucky is coming with me. You
should bring Sushil with you.
Sunita : But he is not at home. I am sure that he will be with us because he desired so earlier.
Bhushan : Then it is done. Please wait for us at platform No. 1. on railway station Karnal till 2:00 p.m. We shall leave together.
Sunita : Okay. It shall be all right. We shall reach in time.
Bhushan : All righi Bye till then.
Sunita : Bye.
May 10, 20…………
We are going to visit ‘Pustak Mela’ today. Bhushan and Lucky shall wait for us at platform No. 1 on Kamal railway station till 2: 00 p.m. I shall be back from market at 1 p.m. to go there together. Please wait till I return. I shall tell you the whole plan later.
Practice Questions For Message Writing
1. Mohan : Is it the office of M. Way Agencies.
Receptionist : Yes, please. What can 1 do for you?
Mohan : Has the Chairman reached in the office !
Receptionist : No sir, he will be by 10 a.m.
Mohan : 1 had an appointment with the chairman at Il a.m. but today I am suffering
from fever. So please inform the chairman about my problem.
Receptionist : Okay, sir.
Mohan : Thank you.
After reading this conversation, draft a suitable message for the chairman.
2. Rohini : Hell& Is that Suman speaking?
Renu : No, Suman is not at home. I am Suman’s younger sister Renu speaking.
Rohini : When will she come back?
Renu : She will be back by half an hour.
Rohini : Please tell her to join me at the local bus stand at 11 a.m, to visit Trade Fair at
Ram Lila Maidan.
Renu : Okay. I shall do it.
Rohini : Thank you.
Renu has to leave for school after ten minutes. Suman has not come yet. What message will she write
3. As you are about to leave for playing hockey, your mother’s friend comes to meet her. She wants to tell her that they both would go to the market at 4 p.m. She is in hurry and cannot wait for your mother who is busy with the guests upstairs. Before you leave the house, you write a message for your mother.
4. You cannot attend the wedding of your friend due to unavoidable circumstances. Supply suitable details and write out the message you will leave for your friend.
5. As you are about to leave for school, your brother’s friend comes to meet him. He wants to tell him that they both have to meet the managing director at 5 p.m. He is in a hurry and cannot wait for your brother who is having a bath. Before you leave the house, you write a message for your brother, write out the message.