Haryana State Board HBSE 9th Class English Solutions Letter Writing Exercise Questions and Answers.
Haryana Board 9th Class English Letter Writing
A. Letters Making Orders
1. Write a letter to M/s Azad Hind Book Stores, Court Road, Bangaluru, placing an order for some books you urgently need. You may sign yourself as Rajeshwari of 151, Kachi Guda Crossing, Hyderabad.
151, Kachi Guda Crossing
M/s Azad Hind Book Stores
Subject: Order for books.
I need some books of 9th class. Your goodself is requested to send me the following books as per V.P.P. as early as possible.
1. Deepak English Guide for IX class 4 copies
2. Deepak Science Guide for IX class 4 copies
3. Deepak Hindi Guide for IX class 4 copies
4. Deepak Guess Papers-cum-Model Test Papers, IX class 2 copies
Please pack the books properly and send these at an early date.
2. You are Kamal Verma of 77, Exchange Road, Kanpur. Write a letter to the Manager, Indian Bakery, ordering some items of your choice suitable for a picnic party of ten friends.
77, Exchange Road Kanpur
November 28, 20………
The Manager Indian Bakery Kanpur
Subject: Order for bakery items.
I and some of my friends are having a picnic party next week. You are requested to supply us the following items of bakery by next Sunday :
1. Special pastries (with chocolate flavour) 20 pieces
2. Cream rolls 20 pieces
3. Coconut Cookies 5 packets
4. Waffers 5 packets
5. Patties 10 pieces
3. Write a letter on behalf of Pankaj Crockeries, Rajguru Market, Hisar to a Arm in Faridabad, placing order for some items of crockery.
50, Rajguru Market, Hisar
August 25, 20…………..
Messers Ram Chander & Co.
Subject: Order for crockery items.
We shall be glad if you will please send us the following goods by goods train as per rates quoted in your letter No. BC/94/11 dated August 14,
1. 10 doz. tea cups and saucers @ Rs. 80 per doz.
2. 15 doz. coffee cups and saucers @ 150 per doz.
3. 25 doz. dinner plates @ Rs. 200 per doz.
4. 10 doz. small glasses @ Rs. 60 per doz.
Please pack the goods carefully as usual and collect the amount of invoice by negotiating the R/R through the State Bank of India, Hisar.
4. You are a dealer of books and stationery. Write a letter to M/s Vikas Publishing House, Rani Ka Bagh, Amritsar ordering some books and stationery items for your shop named Nav Bharat Booksellers, ABC.
Nav Bharat Booksellers
15, Railway Road
November 28, 20……….
M/s Vikas Publishing House
Rani Ka Bagh
Subject: Order for some books and stationery items.
Kindly send the following books and stationery items through railway parcel.
1. Deepak English Guide for IX 24 copies
2. Deepak Guess Papers for IX and XI 12 copies each
3. Deepak Social Studies for IX 30 copies
4. Deepak Moral Education for IX 20 copies
5. Reynold Pens (Black) 10 dozen
6. Typing paper (Superior quality) 20 reams
Kindly send the material immediately. Payment will be made as soon as the goods are received.
Nav Bharat Booksellers
B. Letters Making Inquiries And Giving Suggestions
1. Write a letter to the Manager of Ross Hosiery House, Chaura Bazar, Ludhiana, requesting him to send you detailed information about the woollen items available with them. You may sign yourself Sita Ram, 126 Ganga Basti, Haridwar.
126, Ganga Basti
January 15, 20………
M/s Ross Hosiery House
Subject: Inquiry about available items.
I wish to start a retail shop of woollen garments in Ganga Basti, Haridwar. In this connection, I request youto write to me about various woollen items available with your firm for bulk supply.
Kindly also write about the terms regarding delivery and payment of these woollen items.
2. Write a letter to M/s Vikrant Electronics, Circular Road, Bengaluru asking for the price list of pre-recorded music cassettes of some of the latest Hindi films. You may sign yourself as David of 110, Moti Bagh, Lucknow.
110, Moti Bagh
January 15, 20………..
M/s Vikrant Electronics
Subject: Inquiry about the price list.
I run a music shop in Lucknow. 1 wish to purchase in bulk quantity some of the pre-recorded cassettes of latest Hindi films. You are requested to let me know your price list for the music cassettes of the following films:
1. Airlift ,
4. Bajrangi Bhaijaan
Please send me the information soon so that I may place an early order.
3. M/s Kanchan Cookware, Delhi Gate, Ajmer, have advertised a scheme to exchange old pots and pans with non-stick wares. Write a letter to the manager of the firm enquiring about the terms and conditions of the scheme. Sign yourself as Mrs Sneha Gupta of Park Lane, Kota.
October 15, 20……..
Delhi Gate, Ajmer
Subject: Enquiry about the terms and conditions of the scheme.
I read your advertisement in the Hindustan Times. You have advertised that you have a scheme to exchange old pots and pans with non-stick cookwares.
I am interested in exchanging some old pots and pans with non-stick wares. You are requested to kindly let me know the details about your scheme. Kindly also write whether you can send the goods through railway parcel.
Thanking you Yours sincerely Sneha Gupta.
4. You represent M/s Kolkata Steel Almirah Co., Lucknow. Write a letter to your customer Mrs. S. Raina, Hazrat Ganj, who purchased a steel almirah two months back on credit, requesting her to arrange to make the payment at the earliest.
Kolkata Steel Almirah Co.
September 15, 20……..
Mrs. S. Raina
Subject: Reminder for payment.
Kindly refer to our bill No. 321 dated 15th July, You purchased a steel almirah on credit. At that time you promised to make the payment of the almirah within fifteen days. But now two months have passed and we have still not received the payment.
You are requested to please send us the payment of the above bill immediately.
Kolkata Steel Almirah Co.
C. Letters Of Complaints And Suggestions
1. Write a letter to M/s Radha Krishan Publications, 2, Ansari Road, Darya Ganj, New Delhi, complaining about the parcel of books which you have received in a damaged condition.
35, Daya Basti
November 15, 20……….
M/s Radha Krishan Publications
2, Ansari Road
Darya Ganj, New Delhi
Subject: Complaint about damaged parcel.
I am very sorry to point out that the parcel of books despatched by you has arrived in a damaged condition. Your despatch section has not packed the books properly. The parcel was tom and the books were damaged. Two of the ten books were completely tom. In one of them, ten pages are missing. Three books had their covers tom. You are requested to take the books back at your cost and send me the books in good condition in a properly packed parcel.
Bharat Bhushan Khanna
2. Write a letter to M/s Bright Future Book-sellers, Nai Sarak, Delhi, complaining against the delay of books you have already ordered. You may sign as Saurabh of 627 Mahatma Gandhi Road, Saharanpur.
627, Mahatma Gandhi Road
December 24, 20………..
M/s Bright Future Book-sellers
354, Jogiwara, Nai Sarak
Subject: Complaint about the delay of books.
On 24th December, …………, I placed an order for the following books :
1. Deepak English guide for IXth class.
2. Deepak Guess Papers for IXth class.
3. English Reader for class IX.
Sir, more than two months have passed but I have still not received the books. You know that the examination of class IX is drawing near. So you are requested to kindly send the books immediately.
3. You are Sagar/Sarika of village Sultanpur, Hisar. Write a letter to M/s ABC coolers, Hisar, complaining about a desert cooler you bought from them three months ago.
June 5, 20………….
M/s ABC Coolers
Subject: Complaint about a desert cooler.
With reference to the above cited subject I am to say that I bought a desert cooler from your shop three months ago. It is a matter of big trouble for me that the cooler has stopped working. It had been creating trouble for me for the last ten days and it stopped working yesterday. This piece has some manufacturing defects. I am sending it back to you for immediate repair or replacement.
4. Write a letter to M/s Haryana Publishing House, New Delhi for the wrong delivery of books requesting him to send the books you ordered to supply. You are the resident of Prem Nagar, Amritsar. Sign yourself as Manvinder.
137, Prem Nagar
February 20, 20……….
M/s Haryana Publishing House
1435, Karol Bagh
Subject: Complaint about wrong delivery of books.
About one month back, I placed an order for the following books with you.
1. English Reader Xth 5 copies
2. Supplementary Reader Xth 4 copies
3. Work Book Xth 3 copies
4. Deepak English Guide Xth 2 copies
But when the parcel reached me yesterday, I found that the books were different. You have not supplied the above books. By mistake, you have sent me the books of B.A. 2nd year.
Now you are requested to replace the books at your own cost. Kindly send me the correct books at an early date.
5. You are Mohan/Meera studying at Bharat School, Lucknow. The road leading to your school is very congested and full of potholes. Students and parents are often caught in a traffic jam. In spite of several representations, the Govt, has not done anything to improve the condition of the road. Write a letter to the Editor of ‘The Times of India’ drawing the attention of the Govt, to this problem.
Bharat School, Lucknow
May 7, 20….
The Editor The Times of India New Delhi Dear Sir
Through the columns of your esteemed newspaper, I wish to draw the attention of Uttar Pradesh Government towards a big problem of the public.
Sir, the road leading to our school is very congested and full of potholes. At some places it is fully damaged. It is full of pits. Due to these pits heavy vehicles get imbalanced and overturn. Students and parents are often caught in a traffic jam. We get late for daily. In spite of several representations, the Govt, has not done anything to improve the condition of the road. We wish that this road must be of four lanes. There is enough open space on both sides of the road. If the road is widened it will be a boon for the students.
6. You are Samar/Sarika of 6, Swami Nagar, Kanpur. Write a letter to the Manager, Bata Shoe Company, Kanpur complaining about the quality of shoes bought by you from their local showroom.
6, Swami Nagar
August 10, 20…………..
The Manager Bata Shoe Company
Subject: Complaint about the quality of shoes.
With reference to the above cited subject it is submitted to your goodself that I bought a pair of bata shoes from a local showroom of your company situated in Swami Nagar last week. It has been very painful to me when I found that (last week) even within a week its soul has cracked and its seams got loose. This pair of shoes cost me ? five thousand. But the experience is very bad. I am sending these shoes back to your firm for immediate replacement with the same type of shoes.
7. Write a letter to the Editor of a newspaper highlighting the need of Road Safety Rules.
1017, Sector 10A
April 07, 20……….
Through the columns of your esteemed newspaper I would like to raise the issue of the need of Road Safety Rules. Today our roads have become much risky. The major reason behind this is that people do not follow the Road Safety Rules from heart.
Most of the people follow these rules only with a sense of fear of police. Whenever one finds the police absent from the scene, he or she breaks the traffic rules. Wearing helmet for the two wheeler riders, using seat belts for the four wheeler riders should become a spontanious jesture. Life is precious. It must be protected by following Road Safety Rules. The people should follow these rules by heart not with fear.
8. Write a letter to the Editor of a newspaper highlighting the need of the introduction of Road Safety Rules in the Syllabus of secondary classes in Haryana. Sign yourself as Sudhir Kumar of Government Senior Secondary School, Rampur (Bhiwani).
Government Senior Secondary School
March 07, 20…………
The Hindustan Times
Through the columns of your esteemed newspaper I would like to attract the attention of the Education Department of Haryana towards the issue of Road Safety Rules. Sir, today it comes in the reports that in most of the road accidents school students are involved. They are at a great risk of road accidents as they are not well aware of the Road Safety Rules. They lack the knowledge how to cross the road, where to walk on the road, where to drive their bicycle etc. It is urged that Road Safety Rules must be introduced in the syllabus of all secondary classes in Haryana. The knowledge of Road Safety Rules will make our students safe on the roads.
D. Applications For Jobs
1. Your name is Amreesh Kumar and you live at 354 Rose Gardens, Bengaluru. Write an application for the post of a supervisor at Hyde Park Enterprises, Mumbai.
354, Rose Gardens
March 8, 20
The General Manager
Hyde Park Enterprises
764, Bandra East
In response to your advertisement in the Hindustan Times today, I offer myself as one of the candidates for the post of a supervisor in your concern.
I am graduated from the University of Mumbai with second division. After that I obtained a diploma in garment manufacturing from the Japanese Institute of Garment Manufacturing Technology, Tokyo.
I have been working as a Supervisor of Production Unit in a garment factory at Mumbai for the last two years. But the conditions of work here are not good. At the same time, the emoluments are not very encouraging. Hence, I wish to switch over to a better and more reputed company.
I am 26 years old and possess a pleasing personality and amiable manners.
In case I get an opportunity to join your esteemed concern, I shall leave no stone unturned to prove myself worthy of my selection. .
Thanking you in anticipation.
2. Your name is Mr Mohan Sharma. Write an application for the post qf a cashier to M/s Kaypee Brothers, New Delhi.
Mr Mohan Sharma
321, Naraina Vihar
July 23, 20………..
M/s Kaypee Brothers
34, Ansari Road
I have come to know from a reliable source that you require the services of a cashier. So, I take this opportunity to offer my services for this post.
I am a first class Commerce graduate from Kurukshetra University. After that I worked as a cashier with a local firm. In that firm I prepared the pay rolls of the employees. Then my father was transferred to Faridabad and my family was shifted here. As the salary offered by that firm was not much. It was not an attractive proposition to live there alone. So, I had to resign the job.
1 am a young man of 25 years having a good health and excellent character. Moreover, I know type-writing and have knowledge of computers also. I can work efficiently and effectively on computers.
I can speak English, Hindi and Punjabi languages fluently.
Regarding my salary, I am prepared to accept any suitable amount which you consider, keeping in view my qualifications and experience.
Sir, I wish to assure you that if I will be selected, then I will do my duty with full efficiency.
I hope you will give me a chance to serve you.
3. You are Abhimanyu/Abhilasha, staying at 117, Nirvana Apartments, Kolkata. You have seen an advertisement for the post of a Science teacher in Rani Public School, Kolkata, Write an application in response to the advertisement applying for the post.
117, Nirvana Apartments
July 16, 20……….
The Principal Rani Public School
Subject: Application for the post of Science Teacher.
With reference to your advertisement in the Times of India on 15th July, 20 for the post of a Science Teacher, I am submitting my application for the same. I am a young and energetic boy having qualification of B.Sc. (Medical) & B.Ed and a fresh pass-out candidate. I am highly interested in teaching. I assure you that if I am given a chance of teaching in your worthy institution, I shall leave no stone unturned for your entire satisfaction.
Ph. No. 999000XXXX